Game of Thrones Croatia Tour
from R 32 493 per person
Day 1. Airport Split – Hotel
Arrival to Split, transfer to the hotel (25km, 40min). Dinner in Hotel in Split
Day 2. Split and surroundings
Game of thrones tour and visiting four different filming location in the Split area (70km, 3 quarters day excursion). The tour includes a sightseeing of Splits historical city center, the Diocletian palace and a visit to the cellars where Daenerys fought the slave-owner overlords and where she kept her dragons. The next visit today will be in Katel Gomilica, the scenery for the free city of Braavos . We drive further to the Klis fortress, where we follow the steps of “Daenerys Targaryen “and enter the City of Meeren. Before returning to Split one more stop will be made at the village of novnica where different battle scenes was filmed at the quarry and the mill where Missandei had her bathing scene. Rest of the day free.
Day 3. Split – Ston – Trsteno – Dubrovnik
After breakfast we continue to Dubrovnik (242km, full day). Before arriving to Dubrovnik, we will have the opportunity to visit the city of Ston on route at the Arboretum botanical garden. Both locations were used for filming the game of throne series. Stone city walls have a length of almost 5km and were a defensing construction from the 14th century. Their purpose was to protect the Dubrovnik county Saltworks. In Game of thrones the walls were the partly the scenery of Kings landing . Some 30km south of Ston in Trsteno we will visit the the gardens of Kings Landing where the main characters weave their plots and exchange gossip. After the visit we drive to Dubrovnik. Check in and dinner in the hotel in Dubrovnik.
Day 4. Dubrovnik
After breakfast, we will start the Dubrovnik sightseeing (10km, up to 2h sightseeing). The highlight of the tour. The old town of Dubrovnik was an important filming location ever since the first season, as the capital of the Seven kingdoms , King’s Landing . The Dubrovnik iconic walls, the architecture & the location directly at the sea was the main reason for choosing Dubrovnik. Several famous scenes were filmed here and probably the most popular is the “Walk of shame” on the beautiful baroque stairs, just off Gundulieva Poljana. The visit will also include the Fort Lovrijenac, the infamous “Reed Keep , the residence of the King of Andals and the First Men . After the visit a boat tour from the old Dubrovnik port towards to island Lokrum, which was the scenery for the “City of Qarth “. Rest of the day free.
Day 5. Hotel – Dubrovnik airport
Check out of hotel. Cable car ride up to Srd mountain for the best panoramic view of Dubrovnik. Transfer to the airport (25km, 40min).
Don’t Leave Home Before Reading our Top Travel Tips – CLICK HERE!
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Split, flying out of Dubrovnik including airline levy
- All transfers in modern motor coach
- Tour manager during the whole tour
- 2 Nights accommodation in Split in a 4* hotel (1 night half board and 1 nights bed and breakfast basis)
- 2 Nights accommodation in Dubrovnik in a 4* hotel (1 night half board and 1 nights bed and breakfast basis)
- Themed Game of Thrones tours on three days
- Entrances: Klis fortress, Diocletian palace cellars, Ston walls, Arboretum Trsteno, Fort Lovrijenac
- Cable car ride
- Boat trip to island Lokrum
- This tour excludes entrance fees
- Hotel City tax/tourism levy payable directly at the hotel
- Meals & beverages not specified
- Early check in, late check-out.
- Anything not mentioned under the inclusions
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel & Medical Insurance
PACKAGE VALIDITY : 18 Apr 2019 TO 31 Oct 2019
BOOK BEFORE : 31 Oct 2019
Terms & Conditions
Ref: TH2454528 - Thompsons